I hope your October has been productive and fun, because mine has been all about planning. This is a time of the year where we start looking towards 2018 – planning our new classes, planning our holidays and planning how we, as students, will map out the rest of our studies and exams so we finish the year successfully.
So what planning have I been doing? Well, as your City West Representatives, both Zahra and myself are planning next Wednesday the 1st of November as a chance for you to come into the student lounge between 12pm and 2pm, grab a free cheese toastie and have a chat with us as your Reps. With all the on-campus food vendors closed until February 2018, we want to ensure that you have the energy to push through the last couple of weeks of studies. And if the afternoon goes well, we might just do it one more time in the following week. So, make sure to come down and say hello!
Last month, I handed down my cycling audit and I am currently working on implementing the recommendations. One of these that you can hopefully look forward to soon is the rental of bike repair kits that you can carry with you, so you don’t have to worry about having a flat tire ever again. I’ll keep you up to date on developments with this.
On a final note, I hope in the planning you may have been doing recently that you’ve looked beyond your studies. Whether you’re a first-year student or a postgraduate, there are plenty of opportunities that UniSA offer to you to help you build new skills, make new connections and most importantly, help you to stand out from other graduates. So, make 2018 the year you’ll plan to study overseas, join a mentoring program or take up a new opportunity to lead. As someone who has done all three this year, I can tell you it is so worth it.
Enjoy the rest of SP5 and best of luck with your exams.
Activities and Meetings in October
- 9/10 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 9/10 – USASA Board Meeting
- 12/10 – Meeting with City West Representative, Zahra Darwishi
- 25/10 – Meeting with USASA General Manger, Daniel Randell
- 27/10 – Meeting with City West Representative, Zahra Darwishi
- 27/10 – Academic Board Meeting
Next Month’s Planned Activities and Meetings
- 2/11 – Meeting with Brendan Hughes, Director: Student Engagement Unit
- 2/11 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 6/11 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 6/11 – USASA Board Meeting
- 10/11 – School of Architecture, Art and Design Board Meeting
- 14/11 – Business School Formal Inquiry
- 24/11 – Academic Board Meeting
- 29/11 – UniSA+ and Leadership Awards Night