I hope you’ve had a great couple weeks away from study and have had the chance to catch up on assignments as well as get some well-deserved rest. I’ve been working hard on my commitment to create a healthier and safer campus. First, I have completed the UniSA Cycling Audit, which you can read here. There are some great recommendations in the report which I hope will encourage more people to take up cycling, and thanks to everyone who took part in the student survey.
Next, I’ve been participating in meetings on the George Street redevelopment. This has been a fantastic example of the idea of student partnership – having the university work with students from the very beginning of a project and not just coming to us for “consultation”. The concept images look terrific and it has been great to have student input into a space that will be there for our benefit. While this is a long term project, you may see in smaller projects happening around George Street such as the shifting of facilities and I’ll keep up to date on any further progress.
Through the support of USASA, I was fortunate to attend the National Student Leadership Forum in Canberra this month. This was a great opportunity to connect with other young leaders from across Australia and the Pacific and to learn about the importance of faith and values and how it impacts leadership. You can read more of my reflection here.
Remember that while your studies are important, there are heaps of events happening around campus, including UniTopia – a chance to chill out before exam time. Also, don’t miss your chance to come along to our Halloween Party. Click here to get your tickets.
And finally, while I have decided not to run in the upcoming election, I would like to encourage you to open the voting link in your email when it arrives and to vote. It literally takes two minutes and gives you an opportunity to elect your representatives for 2018. The voting period will be from 23rd to 27th October. I wish all nominees the best of luck.
Have a great month!
Activities and Meetings in September
- 1/9 – Student Partnerships Framework Conference in Sydney
- 4/9 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 4/9 – USASA Board Meeting
- 7/9 to 10/9 – National Student Leadership Forum, Canberra
- 13/9 – Business School Formal Inquiry
- 14/9 – George Street Redevelopment Team Meeting
- 22/9 – Academic Board Meeting
- 28/9 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 28/9 –Meeting with Professor Stephen Boyle
Next Month’s Planned Activities and Meetings
- 4/10 – Business School SP4 Focus Group
- 9/10 – National Students as Partners Roundtable
- 9/10 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 9/10 – USASA Board Meeting
- 13/10 – George Street Redevelopment Team Meeting
- 13/10 – USASA Club Award Night
- 26/10 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 27/10 – Academic Board Meeting