For most of us at City West, we are getting close to the half way point through the semester and I hope your studies are going well. Don’t worry if you’re feeling a bit stressed out, as we have UniTopia coming up in May. This is a chance to chill out and take a break from studying and assignments. UniTopia is taking place at City West on May 9, outside the Student Lounge. And, if you can’t make it to City West, feel free to head along to any other campus. More details can be found here.
As you know, building a healthier and safer campus for all of us at City West is a key priority of mine this year, and I want to be able to hear your ideas on how we can achieve this. On April 27, Monamee and myself will be holding a listening post outside the Jefferey Smart Building where we will be offering free muffins in exchange for your ideas. Come along and say hello!
I continue to work closely with our Club Presidents at City West to make sure our clubs are running as effectively and efficiently as possible. I’ve been presented with a long list of ideas which I’m working through with the relevant areas of the university to make this happen as soon as possible, especially a dedicated space for clubs as well as extending the reach of our clubs through building connections with similar clubs interstate and overseas. Stay tuned to my blog to keep up to date with the progress of these ideas.
Don’t forget, the USASA Annual General Meeting is coming up on the 1st May at 6pm in the Jeffrey Smart Building. If you’re interested to see how our meetings run or if you want to know what we accomplished last year, then make sure to come along. You can find out more here.
I hope you’ve had a great break, and I wish you all the best for the remainder of the semester.
Activities and Meetings in April
- 3/4 – SSAF Working Bee
- 3/4 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 3/4 – USASA Board Meeting
- 26/4 – Clubs Committee Meeting
- 27/4 – Meet Your Reps outside the Jeffrey Smart Building (Free Muffins!!)
- 27/4 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 28/4 – Business School Student Advisory Group
Next Month’s Planned Activities and Meetings
- 1/5 – USASA Board Meeting and Annual General Meeting
- 9/5 – UniTopia City West
- 18/5 – Meet Your Reps – Free BBQ in the Hoj Plaza (from 12:30pm until 2:00pm)
- 25/5 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 26/5 – Academic Board Meeting
- 29/5 – Governance Committee Meeting