Wow! 3 months in and so much is already happening. From Orientation to ClubsFest, it has been great to be out and about, meeting with students to hear the ideas you have which will make our campus a better place to study, work and play.
Make sure you read my 3 Month Report which details everything I have been up to since commencing my role in January. As always, my door is open and so are my emails so make you get in touch. If you’d prefer to meet in person, come and say hello at the monthly listening post I’m holding with the City West Representative, Monamee. We are your voice on campus and are ready to translate your ideas into action. We’ll be in the Student Lounge on March 30, April 27 and May 18 from 1pm to 2pm.
Have a great month and make sure you take the time to chill out between studying and researching. Learning is important but always make sure your health and wellbeing is your number one priority.
7/3 – ClubsFest at City West
It was great to meet with some club presidents at ClubsFest. I met with Valérie from the African Society, Mathieu from the Intellectual Property, Innovation & Technology Society (IPITS), and Elisa from the Overseas Christian Fellowship. From these discussions, a big list of ideas was generated which I am now working through with the relevant departments to make the student experience better at City West. I also met with many new students who wanted to know more about USASA and the work I do as a Representative.
22/3 – Welcome Event for Clubs
We had a great turnout by club executives at our informal catch-up outside the JS Building. As a member of the Clubs Committee, I’m super excited for the year ahead for our clubs and how we, as an Association, can make them run even better.
Other Activities and Meetings in March
- 6/3 – USASA Board Meeting
- 6/3 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 9/3 – Meeting with USASA General Manager, Daniel Randall
- 9/3 – Finance Committee Meeting
- 15/3 – Meeting with USASA Representative Support Officer, Bridget Laffy
- 22/3 – Meeting with Counselling Manager, Ania Zysk
- 24/3 – Academic Board Meeting
Next Month’s Planned Activities and Meetings
- 3/4 – Governance Committee Meeting
- 3/4 – USASA Board Meeting
- 6/4 – Bike Service Centre at City West
- 11/4 & 12/4 – Participation in the UNITE Leadership Program
- 27/4 – Meet Your Reps in the City West Student Lounge
- 27/4 – Finance Committee Meeting