Hi everyone, I hope you all have had a relaxing study break and are ready for everything 2017 brings! I’m looking forward to working hard to improve your university experience this year.
I had the privilege of representing UniSA at the 2016 National Union of Students National Conference, where we discussed and passed plenty of substantive, student-focused policies. I’m particularly proud of the ‘Your Rights at Work, Uni, & Home’ campaign being run by the Welfare Department. I look forward to discussing the importance of the NUS with students this year, and how important our continued affiliation is.
This month has been a learning experience for me being the first on the board, but I had the pleasure of meeting the 2017 Students Reps, and USASA staff during the Board Retreat on 22-23 of January. It was a productive two days where we learned about USASA operations, our roles, and expectations. We also spent a lot of time team-building and working on our common vision, and strategic plan for 2017.
If you see me on campus, come and say hello! I’d love to meet as many of you as possible this year. In the mean time if any of you have any issues or concerns feel free to send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Experience Discussion (Mawson Lakes) – 10/02/17
- O-Week Mawson Lakes Campus – 21/02/17
- O-Week City West Campus – 23/02/17
- Formal Inquiry – 02/03/17
- USASA Board Meeting – 06/03/17
- Clubsfest Mawson Lakes – 15/03/17
- National Day of Action + USASA Club Welcome Event – 22/03/17
- Formal Inquiry – 23/03/17